LIS 504 - Proposal titles [topics] - 2000 Winter
- "Do prison libraries change lives?"
- "University orchestral musicians,
information seekers and users."
- "Young adult reading and the library."
- "Day versus night use of reference services."
- "Evaluating the online search needs of researchers
at the Atlantic Food and Horticulture Research Centre."
- [Personality types of librarians.]
- "Implementing electronic security
at the Davis Centre Library."
- "The impact of censorship pressures on the development of
Internet use policy in Ontario public libraries."
- "Writing anxiety and academic achievement:
a study of library and information science graduate students."
- "The University of Toronto Police Services:
a case study on the information needs of campus police officers."
- [Comparing search engines using DDC
and Yahoo!-style subject directories.]
- "Library services
and Ontario university graduate student reaction."
- "Fiction classification in public libraries."
- "Transaction log analysis of patron online searching:
implications for improving computer systems
and bibliographic instruction."
- "User satisfaction study of London archives."
- [How often should the public librarian restock books in a display?]
- [Are videos more popular in the South Asian community
- [State of preservation and location of recorded sound interviews
in First Nations languages.]
- [Developing a list of subject headings.]
- [Do new books that have prominent covers
circulate more than new books that do not?]
- [What factors/tools on the Internet
adult learners perceive to be most useful.]
- "An evaluation of the performance of paraprofessionals
in comparison with professional reference librarians."
Last updated November 1, 2000.
This page maintained by
Prof. Tim Craven
E-mail (text/plain only): email@example.com
Faculty of Information and Media Studies
University of Western
Canada, N6A 5B7