LIS 677 - Accessing the ERIC thesaurus on the Web
To access the ERIC thesaurus on the Web,
do the following:
(If prompted at any point for your name and password,
type in your last name and UWO id
and click on the "O.K." button.)
- Go to the UWO Library System home page
- Pull down the "Quick Links..." list.
- Click on "Databases by Title".
- Under the Es, click on "ERIC PlusText".
- Click on "Thesaurus".
A list of the first few terms
in the thesaurus terms should appear.
Details are not available for non-preferred terms,
but "see" references are included in the term list;
- To move the list to the heading that you want,
type a key word from the heading in the input box
and click on the "Find term" button.
- To see details for a term,
click on it.
Standard thesaurus symbols are expanded
- To return to the term list from a term detail display,
click on one of the letter links.
(See Indexing )
click on "Close window" in both ProQuest windows;
then click on the "Continue" button
and click on "OK" if you are prompted for confirmation.
An alternative Web interface to the thesaurus
is available at the official ERIC site
Illustrations of the different Web interfaces
are given on the course SharePoint site
Last updated June 7, 2006.
This page maintained by
Prof. Tim Craven
E-mail (text/plain only): email@example.com
Faculty of Information and Media Studies
University of Western
Canada, N6A 5B7