GIS and Multicriteria Decision Analysis: Bibliography, 1990-2004
Department of Geography,
1. Aerts J. C. J. H., E. Eisinger, G. B. M. Heuvelink and T. J. Stewart (2003) Using linear integer programming for multi-site land-use allocation, Geographical Analysis, 35(2): 148-169.
2. Aerts J. C. J. H. and G. B. M. Heuvelink (2002) Using simulated annealing for resource allocation, International Journal of Geographical Information Science 16(6):571 - 587.
3. Agrell P. J., A. Stam and G. W. Fischer (2004) Interactive multiobjective agro-ecological land use planning: The Bungoma region in Kenya, European Journal of Operational Research 158(1): 194-217.
4. Aguilar-Manjarrez J. and L.G. Ross (1995) Geographical information system (GIS) environmental models for aquaculture development in Sinaloa State, Mexico, Aquaculture International 3(2): 103-115.
5. Ahmad I., S. Azhar and P. Lukauskis (2004) Development of a decision support system using data warehousing to assist builders/developers in site selection Automation in Construction 13(4): 525-542.
6. Ananda J. and G. Herath (2002) Assessment of wilderness quality using the Analytic Hierarchy Process, Tourism Economics 8(2): 189-206.
7. Andrienko N. and G. Andrienko (2001) Intelligent support for geographic data analysis and decision making in the Web, Journal of Geographic Information and Decision Analysis 5(2): 115-128.
8. Andrienko N. and G. Andrienko (2003) Informed spatial decisions through coordinated views, Information Visualization 2(4): 270 - 285.
9. Angioni S., S. Cinus, F. M. Rinaldi and R. W. Calvo (2000) A decision support for interventions planning aimed at flood damages prevention, PIK Report 65(2):534-545.
10. Antoine J., G. Fischer, and M. Makowski (1997) Multiple criteria land use analysis Applied Mathematics and Computation 83(2-3): 195-215.
11. Arampatzis G, C. T. Kiranoudis, P. Scaloubacas and D. Assimacopoulos (2004) A GIS-based decision support system for planning urban transportation policies, European Journal of Operational Research 152(2): 465-475.
12. Armstrong M. P., N. Xiao and D. A. Bennett (2003) Using genetic algorithms to create multicriteria class intervals for choropleth maps, Annals of the Association of American Geographers 93(3): 595-623.
13. Armstrong M.P., P.J. Densham, P. Lolonis and G. Rushton (1992) Cartographic displays to support locational decision-making, Cartography and Geographic Cartography and Geographic Information Systems 19(3): 154-164.
15. Aziz J.J., M. Ling, H. S. Rifai, C. J. Newell and J. R. Gonzales (2003) MAROS: A decision support system for optimizing monitoring plans, Ground Water 41(3):355-368.
16. Baban S. M. J. and J. Flannagan (1998) Developing and implementing GIS-assisted constraints criteria for planning landfill sites in the UK, Planning Practice & Research 13(2): 139-151.
17. Bailey D., A. Goonetilleke, and D.Campbell (2003) A new fuzzy multicriteria evaluation method for group site selection in GIS, Journal of Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis 12(6): 337 – 347.
18. Baja S., D. M. Chapman, D. Dragovich (2002) Using GIS-based continuous methods for assessing agricultural land-use potential in sloping areas, Environment and Planning B 29(1): 3 – 20.
19. Balling R. J., J. T. Taber, M. R. Brown, and K. Day (1999) Multiobjective urban planning using a genetic algorithm, Journal of Urban Planning and Development 125(2):86-99.
20. Banai, R. (1993) Fuzziness in geographical information systems: Contribution from the analytic hierarchy process, International Journal of Geographical Information Science 7 (4): 315-329.
21. Banai, R. (1998) Transit-oriented development suitability analysis by the analytic hierarchy process and a geographic information system: a prototype procedure, Journal of Public Transportation, 2(1): 143-65.
22. Banai, R. (2000) Transit station area land use/site assessment with multiple criteria: an integrated GIS-expert system prototype, Journal of Public Transportation, 3(1):95-110.
23. Bantayan, N.C and I. D. Bishop (1998) Linking objective and subjective modelling for landuse decision-making, Landscape and Urban Planning 43(1-3): 35-48.
24. Barredo J. I., A. Benavides, J. Hervás and C. J. van Westen (2000) Comparing heuristic landslide hazard assessment techniques using GIS in the Tirajana basin, Gran Canaria Island, Spain, International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation 2(1): 9-2.
25. Basnet B. B., A. A. Apan and S. R. Raine (2001) Selecting suitable sites for animal waste application using a raster GIS, Environmental Management 28(4): 519–531.
26. Basnet B. B., A. A. Apan and S. R. Raine (2002) Geographic information system based manure application plan, Journal of Environmental Management, 64(2): 99-113.
27. Bayliss J., A. Helyar, J. T. Lee and S. Thompson (2003) A multi-criteria targeting approach to neutral grassland conservation, Journal of Environmental Management, 67(2): 145-160.
28. Beedasy J. and D. Whyatt (1999) Diverting the tourists: A spatial decision-support system for tourism planning on a developing island Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation 3-4, 163-174.
29. Bender A., A. Din, P. Favarger, M. Hoesli and J. Laakso (1997) An analysis of perceptions concerning the environmental quality of housing in Geneva, Urban Studies 34(3): 503-513.
30. Bender A. R., A. Din, M. Hoesli and S. Brocher (2000) Environmental preferences of homeowners: further evidence using the AHP method, Journal of Property Investment and Finance 18(4):. 445–455.
31. Bennett D. A., G. A. Wade, and M. P. Armstrong (1999) Exploring the solution space of semi-structured geographical problems using genetic algorithms, Transactions in GIS 3(1): 51 - 71.
32. Bennett D. A., N. Xiao and M. P. Armstrong (2004) Exploring the geographic consequences of public policies using evolutionary algorithms, Annals of the Association of American Geographers 94(4): 827-847.
33. Berry P. and A. Pistocchi (2003) A multicriterial geographical approach for the environmental impact assessment of open-pit quarries, International Journal of Surface Mining, Reclamation and Environment 17(4): 213-226.
34. Bettinger P., J. Sessions and K. Boston (1997) Using tabu search to schedule timber harvests subject to spatial wildlife goals for big game, Ecological Modelling 94: 111 – 123.
35. Biermann S. M. (1997) The strategic identification of suitable land for low income residential development, South African Geographical Journal 79(3): 188-194.
36. Biermann S. and M. Landré (2002) The utilisation of engineering services bulk infrastructure components in integrated development planning, Development Southern Africa 19(2): 329 – 355.
37. Bojórquez-Tapia L. A., L. P. Brower, G. Castilleja, S. Sánchez-Colón, M. Hernández, W. Calvert, S. Díaz, P. Gómez-Priego, G. Alcantar, E. D. Melgarejo, M. J. Solares, L. Gutiérrez and M. D. Juárez (2003) Mapping expert knowledge: Redesigning the monarch butterfly biosphere reserve, Conservation Biology 17(2): 367 -379.
38. Bojorquez-Tapia, L.A., H. de la Cueva, S. Diaz, D. Melgarejo, G. Alcantar, M. Jose Solares, G. Grobet, and G. Cruz-Bello (2004) Environmental conflicts and nature reserves: redesigning Sierra San Pedro Martir National Park, Mexico, Conservation Biological 117(2): 111–126.
39. Bojorquez-Tapia L. A., S. Diaz-Mondragon and E. Ezcurra (2001) GIS-based approach for participatory decision making and land suitability assessment, International Journal of Geographical Information Science 15(2): 129-151.
41. Bong C. W. and Y. C. Wang (2004) A multiobjective hybrid metaheuristic approach for GIS-based spatial zoning model, Journal of Mathematical Modelling and Algorithms 3: 245–261.
42. Bowerman R., B. Hall and P. Calamai (1995) A multi-objective optimization approach to urban school bus routing: Formulation and solution method, Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice 29(2): 107-123.
43. Boyland M., J. Nelson, and F. L. Bunnell (2004) Creating land allocation zones for forest management: a simulated annealing approach, Canadian Journal of Forest Research 34(8): 1669-1682.
44. Brakewood, L. H. and D. Grasso (2000) Floating spatial domain averaging in surface soil remediation, Environmental Science and Technology 34 (18): 3837-3842.
45. Brody S. D., W. Highfield, S. Arlikatti, D. H. Bierling, R. M. Ismailova, L. Lee and R. Butzler (2004) Conflict on the coast: Using geographic information systems to map potential environmental disputes in Matagorda Bay, Texas, Environmental Management 34(1): 11 – 25.
46. Brookes, C. J. (1997) A parameterized region-growing programme for site allocation on raster suitability maps, International Journal of Geographical Information Systems 11(4): 375 - 396.
47. Brookes, C. J. (1998) A genetic algorithm for locating optimal sites on raster suitability maps, Transactions in GIS 2: 201–212.
48. Brookes, C. J. (2001) A genetic algorithm for designing optimal patch configurations in GIS, International Journal of Geographical Information Systems 15(6): 539-559.
49. Burnside N. G. , R. F. Smith and S. Waite (2002) Habitat suitability modelling for calcareous grassland restoration on the South Downs, United Kingdom, Journal of Environmental Management 65(2): 209- 221.
50. Burton, C. L. and M. S. Rosenbaum (2003) Decision support to assist environmental sedimentology modelling Environmental Geology 43 (4): 457-465.
51. Burton C., M. Rosenbaum, R. Stevens (2002) Sedimentological considerations for predictive modelling, Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment, 61(2): 129 – 136.
52. Buzolic J., N. Mladineo and S. Knezic (2002) Decision support system for disaster communications in Dalmatia, International Journal of Emergency Management 1(2): 191-201.
53. Can A. (1992) Residential quality assessment: alternative approaches using GIS, The Annals of Regional Science 23(1): 97-110.
54. Carlsson M. (1999) A method for integrated planning of timber production and biodiversity: a case study, Canadian Journal of Forest Research 29(8): 1183-1191.
55. Carver S. J. (1991) Integrating multi-criteria evaluation with geographical information systems International Journal of Geographical Information Systems 5(3): 321-339.
56. Carver S. (1991) Site search and multicriteria evaluation Planning Outlook 34(1): 27-36.
57. Carver S., A. Evans and R. Kingston (2004) Developing and testing an online tool for teaching GIS concepts applied to spatial decision-making, Journal of Geography in Higher Education 28(3): 425-438
58. Ceballos-Silva, A. and J. Lopez-Blanco (2003) Delineation of suitable areas for crops using a multi-criteria evaluation approach and land use/cover mapping: a case study in Central Mexico, Agricultural Systems 77(2): 117-136.
59. Ceballos-Silva A. and J. López-Blanco (2003) Evaluating biophysical variables to identify suitable areas for oat in Central Mexico: a multi-criteria and GIS approach, Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 95(1): 371-377.
60. Chang, N. B. and Y. L. Wei (1999) Strategic planning of recycling drop-off stations and collection network by multiobjective programming, Environmental Management 24(2): 247-263.
61. Chang N-B., H. Y. Lu, and Y. L. Wei (1997) GIS Technology for vehicle routing and scheduling in solid waste collection systems, Journal of Environmental Engineering 123(9): 901-910.
62. Charnpratheep K., Q. Zhou and B.Garner (1997) Preliminary landfill site screening using fuzzy geographical information systems, Waste Management & Research 15(2) 197-215.
64. Chen K., R. Blong and C. Jacobson (2001) MCE-RISK: integrating multicriteria evaluation and GIS for risk decision-making in natural hazards, Environmental Modelling & Software 16(4): 387-397.
65. Chen K., R. Blong and C. Jacobson (2003) Towards an integrated approach to natural hazards risk assessment using GIS: With reference to bushfires, Environmental Management 31 (4): 546-560.
66. Cheng M-Y. and G-L. Chang (2001) Automating utility route design and planning through GIS, Automation in Construction 10(4): 507-516.
67. Cheng M-Y. and J. T. O'Connor (1994) Site layout of construction temporary facilities using an enhanced-geographic information system (GIS), Automation in Construction 3(1): 11-19.
68. Cho J. H., K. Seok Sung and S. Ryong Ha (2004) A river water quality management model for optimising regional wastewater treatment using a genetic algorithm, Journal of Environmental Management, 73(3): 229-242.
69. Church R. L., R. A. Gerrard, M. Gilpin and P. Stine (2003) Constructing cell-based habitat patches useful in conservation planning, Annals of the Association of American Geographers 93 (4): 814-827.
70. Church R. L., S. R. Loban and K. Lombard (1992) An interface for exploring spatial alternatives for a corridor location problem, Computers and Geosciences 18 (8): 1095-1105.
71. Church R. L., A. T. Murray, M. A. Figueroa and K. H. Barber (2000) Support system development for forest ecosystem management, European Journal of Operational Research 121(2): 247-258.
72. Clevenger, A. P., J. Wierzchowski, B. Chruszcz and K. Gunson (2002) GIS-generated, expert-based models for identifying wildlife habitat linkages and planning mitigation passages, Conservation Biology, 16(2): 503-514.
73. Conine A., W-N. Xiang, J. Young and D. Whitley (2004) Planning for multi-purpose greenways in Concord, North Carolina, Landscape and Urban Planning 68: 271-287.
74. Coutinho-Rodriques, J., Current, J., Climaco, J. and Ratick, S. (1997) Interactive spatial decision-support system for multiobjective hazardous materials location-routing problems. Transportation Research Record, 1602, 101–109.
75. Cova T. J. and R. L. Church (2000) Contiguity constraints for single-region site search problems, Geographical Analysis 32 (4): 306-329.
76. Cromley, R.G. (1994) A comparison of suitability mapping and multiobjective programming techniques for performing spatial searches, The Pennsylvania Geographer, 32(1): 37-46.
77. Cromley R. G. and D. M. Hanink (1999) Coupling land use allocation models with raster GIS, Journal of Geographical Systems 1:137-153.
78. Cromley R. G. and D. M. Hanink (2003) Scale-independent land-use allocation modeling in raster GIS, Cartography and Geographic Information Science, 30(4): 343-350.
79. Dai F. C., C. F. Lee and X. H. Zhang (2001) GIS-based geo-environmental evaluation for urban land-use planning: a case study, Engineering Geology, 61(4): 257-271.
80. Dai J. J., S. Lorenzato and D. M. Rocke (2004) A knowledge-based model of watershed assessment for sediment, Environmental Modelling & Software 19(4): 423-433.
81. de Araújo, C. C. and A. B. Macedo (2002) Multicriteria geologic data analysis for mineral favorability mapping: Application to a metal sulphide mineralized area, Ribeira Valley Metallogenic Province, Brazil, Natural Resources Research, 11(1): 29-43.
82. Del Furia L. and A. Nardini (2001) Assessment of the water-users satisfaction in the Po basin: Journal of Geographic Information and Decision Analysis 5(1): 32- 48.
83. Dey P. K. (2002) An integrated assessment model for cross-country pipelines Environmental Impact Assessment Review 22(6): 703-721.
84. Din A., M. Hoesli and A. Bender (2001) Environmental variables and real estate prices, Urban Studies 38(11): 1989–2000.
85. Dragan M., E. Feoli, M. Fernetti and W. Zerihun (2003) Application of a spatial decision support system (SDSS) to reduce soil erosion in northern Ethiopia Environmental Modelling & Software 18(10): 861-868
86. Dutta, D., A. Das Gupta and V. Ramnarong (1998) Design and optimization of a ground water monitoring system using GIS and multicriteria decision analysis, Ground Water Monitoring and Remediation, 18 (1): 139-147.
87. Eastman J. R., W. G. Jin, P. Kyem, and J. Toledano (1995) Raster procedures for multicriteria multiobjective decisions, Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing, 61 (5): 539-547.
88. El-Awar, F. A., M. K. Makke, R. A. Zurayk, R. H. Mohtar (2000) A hydro-spatial hierarchical method for siting water harvesting reservoirs in dry areas, Applied Engineering in Agriculture 16 (4): 395-404.
89. Eldrandaly K., N. Eldin and D. Sui (2003) A COM-based spatial decision support system for industrial site selection, Journal of Geographic Information and Decision Analysis 7(2): 72-92.
90. Fabbri K. P. (1998) A methodology for supporting decision making in integrated coastal zone management, Ocean & Coastal Management 39(1-2): 51-62.
91. Feick R. D. and G. B. Hall (1999) Consensus-building in a multi-participant Spatial Decision Support System, URISA Journal, 11(2): 17 – 23.
92. Feick, R. and B. Hall (2000) The application of a Spatial Decision Support System to tourism-based land management in small island states, Journal of Travel Research 39(2): 163-171.
93. Feick R. D. and G. B. Hall (2002) Balancing consensus and conflict with a GIS-based multi-participant, multi-criteria decision support tool, GeoJournal 53 (4): 391-406.
94. Feick R.D. and B. G. Hall (2004) A method for examining the spatial dimension of multi-criteria weight sensitivity, International Journal of Geographical Information Science 18(8): 815 – 840.
95. Feng C-M and J-J. Lin (1999) Using a genetic algorithm to generate alternative sketch maps for urban planning, Computers, Environment and Urban Systems 23(2): 91-108.
97. Fuller D. O., R. Williamson, M. Jeffe and D. James (2003) Multi-criteria evaluation of safety and risks along transportation corridors on the Hopi Reservation, Applied Geography 23(2-3): 177-188.
98. Geneletti D. (2004) A GIS-based decision support system to identify nature conservation priorities in an alpine valley, Land Use Policy 21(2): 149-160.
99. Geneletti D. (2004) A GIS-based decision support system to identify nature conservation priorities in an alpine valley, Marine and Petroleum Geology 21(2): 149-160.
100. George J.A. B.W. Lamar and C.A. Wallace (1997) Political district determination using large-scale network optimization, Socio-Economic Planning Sciences 31(1): 11 28.
101. Gheorghe A. V., R. Mock and W. Kröger (2002) (2000) Risk assessment of regional systems, Reliability Engineering & System Safety 70(2): 141-156.
102. Giupponi C. (1998) Environmental evaluation of alternative cropping systems with impact indices of pollution, European Journal of Agronomy 8(1-2): 71-82
103. Giupponi, C., B. Eiselt, and P. F. Ghetti (1999) A multicriteria approach for mapping risks of agricultural pollution for water resources: The Venice Lagoon Watershed case study, Journal of Environmental Management 56 (4): 259-269.
104. Giupponi C., J. Mysiak, A. Fassio and V. Cogan (2004) MULINO-DSS: a computer tool for sustainable use of water resources at the catchment scale, Mathematics and Computers in Simulation 64(1): 13-24.
105. Gomes E. G. and M. P. E. Lins (2002) Integrating geographical information systems and multi-criteria methods: A case study, Annals of Operations Research 116: 243–269.
106. Gomez Delgado M. and J. Bosque Sendra (2004) Aplicación de análisis de incertidumbre como método de validación y control del riesgo en la toma de decisiones, International Review of Geographical Information Science and Technology 4: 179 – 208.
107. Grabaum, R. and B.C. Meyer (1998) Multicriteria optimization of landscapes using GIS-based functional assessments, Landscape and Urban Planning 43 (1-3): 21-34.
108. Grossardt T., K. Bailey and J. Brumm (2001) AMIS: GIS-based corridor planning methodology, Transportation Research Record 1768, 224-232.
109. Guimarães Pereira Â. (1996) Generating alternative routes by multicriteria evaluation and a genetic algorithm, Environment and Planning B 23: 711 – 720.
110. Guimarães Pereira A., G. Munda and M. Paruccini (1994) Generating alternatives for siting retail and service facilities using genetic algorithms and multiple criteria decision techniques, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services 1(1): 40-47.
111. Gumbricht T. (1996) Application of GIS in Training for Environmental Management Journal of Environmental Management 46: 17–30.
112. Gumbricht T., J. McCarthy and C. Mahlander (1996) Digital interpretation and management of land cover – a case study of Cyprus, Ecological Engineering 6(4): 273-279.
113. Haastrup P., V. Maniezzo, M. Mattarelli, F. Mazzeo Rinaldi, I. Mendes and M. Paruccini (1999) A decision support system for urban waste management, European Journal of Operational Research 109(2): 330-341.
114. Hajkowicz, S. A., G.T. McDonald and P. N. Smith.(2000) An evaluation of multiple objective decision support weighting techniques in natural resource management, Journal of Environmental Planning and Management 43 (4): 505-518.
115. Hall O. and W. Arnberg (2002) A method for landscape regionalization based on fuzzy membership signatures, Landscape and Urban Planning, 59(4): 227-240.
116. Hickey R. and P. Jankowski (1997)GIS and environmental decisionmaking to aid smelter reclamation planning, Environment and Planning A, 29: 5-19.
117. Hof J. and M. Bevers (2000) Optimal timber harvest scheduling with spatially defined sediment objectives, Canadian Journal of Forest Research 30(9): 1494-1500.
118. Horner M. W. and A. T. Murray (2003) A multi-objective approach to improving regional jobs-housing balance, Regional Studies 37(2): 135-146.
119. Hossack I., D. Robertson, P. Tucker, A. Hursthouse and C. Fyfe (2004) A GIS and Web-based decision support tool for the management of urban soils, Cybernetics and Systems 35(5-6): 499-509.
120. Huang B., R.L. Cheu and Y. S. Liew (2004) GIS and genetic algorithms for HAZMAT route planning with security considerations, International Journal of Geographical Information Science 18(8): 769 – 787.
121. Huffman T. F. and R. G. Cromley (2002) An automated multi-criteria cartographic aid for point annotation, Cartographic Journal 39(1): 51-64.
122. Hytönen L. A., P. Leskinen and R. Store (2002) A spatial approach to participatory planning in forestry decision making, Scandinavian Journal of Forest Research 17(1): 62 – 71.
123. Iakovou E. T. (2001) An interactive multiobjective model for the strategic maritime transportation of petroleum products: risk analysis and routing, Safety Science, 39( 1-2): 19-29.
124. Jain D. K., U. S. Tim and R. Jolly (1995) Spatial decision support system for planning sustainable livestock production, Computers, Environment and Urban Systems, 19 (1): 57-75.
125. Jankowski P. (1995) Integrating geographical information systems and multiple criteria decision making methods, International Journal of Geographical Information Systems 9(3): 251-273.
126. Jankowski P. (2000) Collaborative spatial decision making in environmental restoration management: An experimental approach, Journal of Hydroinformatics 2(3): 197-206.
127. Jankowski P., N. Andrienko and G. Andrienko (2001) Map-centred exploratory approach to multiple criteria spatial decision making International Journal of Geographical Information Science 15(2): 101-127.
128. Jankowski P. and G. Ewart (1996) Spatial decision support system for health practitioners: selecting a location of rural health practice. Geographical Systems 3: 279-299.
129. Jankowski, P. and T. Nyerges (2001) GIS-supported collaborative decision making: Results of an experiment, Annals of the Association of American Geographers, 91(1): 48-70.
130. Jankowski P., T. L. Nyerges, A. Smith, T. J. Moore and E. Horvath (1997) Spatial group choice: a SDSS tool for collaborative spatial decisionmaking, Journal of Geographical Information Systems, 11(6) 577-602.
131. Jankowski P. and L. Richard (1994) Integration of GIS-based suitability analysis and multicriteria evaluation in a spatial decision support system for route selection, Environment and Planning B 21(3); 326-339.
132. Jha M. K. (2001) Using a GIS for automated decision making in highway cost analysis. Transportation Research Record 1768: 260–267.
133. Jha M. K. and P. Schonfeld (2000) Geographic information system-based analysis of right-of-way cost for highway optimization, Transportation Research Record 1719: 241-249.
134. Jha M.K. and P. Schonfeld (2000) Integrating genetic algorithms and GIS to optimize highway alignments, Transportation Research Record 1719: 233–240.
135. Jha M. K. and P. Schonfeld (2004) A highway alignment optimization model using geographic information systems, Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice 38( 6): 455-481.
136. Jha M. K., C. McCall and P. Schonfeld (2001) Using GIS, genetic algorithms, and visualization in highway development Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering 16(6): 399-414
137. Jiang H. and J. R. Eastman (2000) Application of fuzzy measures in multi-criteria evaluation in GIS, International Journal of Geographical Information Systems 14(2):173-184.
138. Joerin F. (1995) Méthode multicritère d'aide à la décision et SIG pour la recherche d'un site Revue Internationale de Géomatique 5(1): 37 – 51.
139. Joerin F. and A. Musy (2000) Land management with GIS and multicriteria analysis International Transactions in Operational Research 7(1): 67-78.
140. Joerin F., M. Theriault and A. Musy (2001) Using GIS and outranking multicriteria analysis for land-use suitability assessment, International Journal of Geographical Information Science, 15(2): 153-174.
141. Johansson I. (2003) Simulation as a tool for consideration of safety aspects in the land-use planning process, Planning Practice and Research 18(4): 327 – 335.
142. Johnson M. P. (2001) Decision support for family relocation decisions under the Section 8 Housing Assistance Program using GIS and the Analytic Hierarchy Process. Journal of Housing Research 12(2): 277-306.
143. Jones D. and E. M. Barnes (2000) Fuzzy composite programming to combine remote sensing and crop models for decision support in precision crop management Agricultural Systems 65(3): 137-158.
144. Jong J.-C., Jha M. K. and P. Schonfeld (2000) Preliminary highway design with genetic algorithms and geographic information systems, Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering 15(4): 261-271.
145. Jun C. (2000) Design of an intelligent geographic information system for multi-criteria site analysis, URISA Journal, 12(3): 5-17.
146. Jumppanen J., M. Kurttila, T. Pukkala and J. Uuttera (2003) Spatial harvest scheduling approach for areas involving multiple ownership, Forest Policy and Economics 5(1): 27-38.
147. Kächele H. and S. Dabbert (2002) An economic approach for a better understanding of conflicts between farmers and nature conservationists––an application of the decision support system MODAM to the Lower Odra Valley National Park, Agricultural Systems, 74(2): 241-255.
148. Kangas J., J. Hokkanen, A. S. Kangas, R. Lahdelma and P. Salminen (2003) Applying stochastic multicriteria acceptability analysis to forest ecosystem management with both cardinal and ordinal criteria, Forest Science 49(6): 928-939.
149. Kangas J., R. Store, P. Leskinen and L. Mehtätalo (2000) Improving the quality of landscape ecological forest planning by utilising advanced decision-support tools Forest Ecology and Management 132( 2-3): 157-171.
150. Kao J-J. (1996) A raster-based C program for siting a landfill with optimal compactness, Computers & Geosciences, 22(8): 837-847.
151. Kao J. J., W. Y. Chen and H. Y. Lin (1996) Network expert geographic information system for landfill siting, Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering 10(4): 307–317.
152. Kao J-J. and H-Y. Lin (1996) Multifactor spatial analysis for landfill siting, Journal of Environmental Engineering 122(10): 902-908.
153. Karatzas K., E. Dioudi and N. Moussiopoulos (2003) Identification of major components for integrated urban air quality management and information systems via user requirements prioritisation, Environmental Modelling & Software 18(2): 173-178.
154. Keisler J. M. and R. C. Sundell (1997) Combining multi-attribute utility and geographic information for boundary decisions: An application to park planning, Journal of Geographic Information and Decision Analysis 1(2): 100 – 119.
155. Kitsiou D., H. Coccossis and M. Karydis (2002) Multi-dimensional evaluation and ranking of coastal areas using GIS and multiple criteria choice methods, The Science of The Total Environment, 284(1-3): 1-17.
156. Klungboonkrong P. and M. A. P. Taylor (1998) A microcomputer-based- system for multicriteria environmental impacts evaluation of urban road networks Computers, Environment and Urban Systems 22(5): 425-446.
157. Klungboonkrong P. and M. A. P. Taylor (1999) An Integrated Planning Tool for Evaluating Road Environmental Impacts Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering 14(5): 335 – 345.
158. Kontos T. D., D. P. Komilis and C. R. Halvadakis (2003) Siting MSW landfills on Lesvos island with a GIS-based methodology, Waste Management Research 21(3): 262-277.
159. Kralisch S., M. Fink, W. A. Flugel and C. Beckstein (2003) A neural network approach for the optimisation of watershed management, Environmental Modelling & Software 18(8-9): 815-823.
160. Kurtener D. and V. Badenko (2000) A GIS methodological framework based on fuzzy sets theory for land use management, Journal of the Brazilian Computer Society 6(3): 26-32.
161. Kurttila M., T. Pukkala and J. Loikkanen (2002) The performance of alternative spatial objective types in forest planning calculations: a case for flying squirrel and moose, Forest Ecology and Management 166(1-3): 245-260.
162. Kyem P. A. K. (2001) An application of a choice heuristic algorithm for managing land resource allocation problems involving multiple parties and conflicting interests, Transactions in GIS 5(2): 111-.
163. Kyem P. A. K. (2004) On intractable conflicts and participatory GIS applications: the search for consensus amidst competing claims and institutional demands, Annals of the Association of American Geographers 94(1): 37-57.
164. Kyem P. A. K. (2004) Power, participation, and inflexible institutions: An examination of the challenges to community empowerment in participatory GIS applications, Cartographica 38(3-4), 5–18.
165. Laaribi, A., J.-J. Chevallier, and J.-M. Martel (1993) Méthodologie d'intégration des SIG et de l'analyse multicritère, Revue Internationale de Géomatique 3(4): 415-435.
166. Laaribi A., J. J. Chevallier and J. M. Martel (1996) A spatial decision aid: A multicriterion evaluation approach Computers, Environment and Urban Systems 20(6): 351-366.
167. Lachassagne P., R. Wyns, P. Bérard, T. Bruel, L. Chéry, T. Coutand, J. F. Desprats and P. Le Strat (2001) Exploitation of high-yields in hard-rock aquifers: downscaling methodology combining GIS and multicriteria analysis to delineate field prospecting zones, Ground Water, 39(4): 568-81.
168. La Jeunesse I. M. Rounsevell and M. Vanclooster (2003) Delivering a decision support system tool to a river contract: a way to implement the participatory approach principle at the catchment scale? Physics and Chemistry of the Earth 28(12-13): 547-554.
169. Langevin C., F. Pernel, and T. Pointet (1991) An aid to decision-making in hydrogeological exploration: Multicriterion analysts in the evaluation of aquifer potential in a fractured medium, Hydrogeologie 1: 51-64. (in French).
170. Leão S., I. Bishop and D. Evans (2001) Assessing the demand of solid waste disposal in urban region by urban dynamics modelling in a GIS environment, Resources, Conservation and Recycling 33(4): 289-313.
171. Leão S., I. Bishop and D. Evans (2004) Spatial–temporal model for demand and allocation of waste landfills in growing urban regions, Computers, Environment and Urban Systems 28(4): 353-385.
172. Lee Y. W., I. Bogardi and J. H. Kim (2000) Decision of water supply line under uncertainty, Water Research 34(13): 3371-3379.
173. Lepofsky M. and M. Abkowitz (1993) Transportation hazard analysis in integrated GIS environment, Journal of Transport Engineering 119: 239–254.
174. Li T. H., J. R. Ni and W. X. Ju (2004) Land-use adjustment with a modified soil loss evaluation method supported by GIS, Future Generation Computer Systems 20(7): 1185-1195.
175. Li X., W. Wang, F. Li and X. Deng (1999) GIS based map overlay method for comprehensive assessment of road environmental impact, Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment 4(3): 147-158.
177. Li X. and A. G. O. Yeh (2002) Urban simulation using principal components analysis and cellular automata for land-use planning, Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing, 68( 4): 341-352.
178. Lin F-T. (2000) GIS-based information flow in a land-use zoning review process, Landscape and Urban Planning 52(1): 21-32.
179. Lin H-Y. and J-J. Kao (1999) Enhanced spatial model for landfill siting analysis, Journal of Environmental Engineering 125(9): 845-851.
180. Lin H., Q. Wan, X. Li, J. Chen and Y. Kong (1997) GIS-based multicriteria evaluation for investment environment Environment and Planning B 24(3): 403 – 414.
181. Lindsey G., J. Wittman and M. Rummel (1997) Using indices in environmental planning: evaluating policies for wellfield protection, Journal of Environmental Planning and Management 40(6): 685-703.
182. List G. F. and M.A. Turnquist (1998) Routing and Emergency-Response-Team Siting for High-Level Radioactive Waste Shipments IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management 45(2): 141-152.
183. Liu C. and Y. Itoh (2001) Information technology applications for bridge maintenance management, Logistics Information Management 14(5-6): 393-400.
184. Lotov A. V., V. A. Bushenkov, A. V. Chernov, D. V. Gusev, and G. K. Kamenev (1997) Internet, GIS, and Interactive Decision Maps, Journal of Geographic Information and Decision Analysis 1(2): 118-149.
185. Lourenço H. R., J. P. Paixão and R. Portugal (2001) Multiobjective metaheuristics for the bus driver scheduling problem, Transportation Science 35(3):331 -343.
186. Lowry Jr., J. H., H.J. Miller and G.F. Hepner (1995) A GIS-based sensitivity analysis of community vulnerability to hazardous contaminations on the Mexico/U.S. border. Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing, 61, 1347-1359
187. MacDonald M. L. (1996) A multi-attribute spatial decision support system for solid waste planning, Computers, Environment and Urban Systems, 20(1): 1-17.
189. Makropoulos C.K., D. Butler, and C. Maksimovic (2003) Fuzzy logic spatial decision support system for urban water management, Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, 129 (1): 69-77.
190. Malczewski J. (1996) A GIS-based approach to multiple criteria group decision-making, International Journal of Geographical Information Systems 10(8): 955-971.
191. Malczewski J. (1999) Visualization in multicriteria spatial decision support systems, Geomatica, 53(2): 9-147.
193. Malczewski J. (2002) Fuzzy Screening for Land Suitability Analysis Geographical and Environmental Modelling 6(1): 27 - 39
194. Malczewski J. (2004) GIS-based land-use suitability analysis: a critical overview, Progress in Planning 62(1): 3-65.
195. Malczewski J. , T. Chapman, C. Flegel, D. Walters, D. Shrubsole, M. A. Healy (2003) GIS - multicriteria evaluation with ordered weighted averaging (OWA): case study of developing watershed management strategies, Environment and Planning A, 35(10): 1769 – 1784.
196. Malczewski J., and Jackson M. (2000) Multicriteria spatial allocation of educational resources: An overview, Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, 34(1), 3-16.
197. Malczewski J., M. Pazner , and M. Zaliwska (1997) GIS-based techniques for visualizing multicriteria location analysis: a case study, Cartography and Geographic Information Systems 24(2): 80-90.
198. Maness T. and R. Farrell (2004) A multi-objective scenario evaluation model for sustainable forest management using criteria and indicators, Canadian Journal of Forest Research 34(10): 2004-2017.
199. Maniezzo V., I. Mendes and M. Paruccini (1998) Decision support for siting problems, Decision Support Systems 23(3): 273-284.
200. Marinoni O. (2004) Implementation of the analytical hierarchy process with VBA in ArcGIS Computers & Geosciences 30(6): 637 – 646.
201. Martin N. J., B. St Onge and J. P. Waaub (2003) An integrated decision aid system for the development of Saint Charles River alluvial plain, Quebec, Canada, International Journal of Environment and Pollution, 12 (2-3): 264-279.
202. Martinez-Alegria R., C. Ordonez, and J. Taboada (2003) A conceptual model for analyzing the risks involved in the transportation of hazardous goods: Implementation in a geographic information system Human and Ecological Risk Assessment 9(3): 857-874.
203. Matthews K. B., A. R. Sibbald, S. Craw (1999) Implementation of a spatial decision support system for rural land use planning: integrating geographic information system and environmental models with search and optimisation algorithms, Computers and Electronics in Agriculture 23: 9–26.
204. Mau-Crimmins T. M. and D. S. Lemberg (2003) Reserve Site Selection at a Non-Profit Educational Nature Center, The Great Lakes Geographer 10(1): 34-45.
206. McLeod, I., F. Pantus and N. Preston (2002) The use of a geographical information system for land-based aquaculture planning Aquaculture Research 33 (4): 241-250.
207. Medeiros S. P. J., J. C. M. Strauch, J. M. De Souza and G. R. B Pinto (2001) SPeCS-A spatial decision support collaborative system for environment design International Journal of Computer Applications in Technology 14(4-6): 158-165.
208. Meeks W. L. and S. Dasgupta (2004) Geospatial information utility: an estimation of the relevance of geospatial information to users Decision Support Systems 38(1): 47-63.
209. Memtsas D. P. (2002) Multiobjective programming methods in the reserve selection problem, European Journal of Operational Research 150(3): 640-652.
210. Mendes J. F. G. and W. S. Motizuki (2001) Urban quality of life evaluation scenarios : The case of São Carlos in Brazil, CTBUH Review, 1(2): 1-11.
211. Mendoza G. A. , A. B. Anderson and G. Z. Gertner (2002) Integrating multi-criteria analysis and GIS for land condition assessment: Part I – Evaluation and restoration of military training areas, Journal of Geographic Information and Decision Analysis 6(1): 1-16.
212. Mendoza G. A. , A. B. Anderson and G. Z. Gertner (2002) Integrating multi-criteria analysis and GIS for land condition assessment: Part II – Allocation of military training areas, Journal of Geographic Information and Decision Analysis 6(1): 17-30,
213. Mohamed A.B.A. A. , M.A. Sharifi and H. van Keulen (2000) An integrated agro-economic and agro-ecological methodology for land use planning and policy analysis, International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, 2(2): 87-103.
214. Modrego F., V. Domenech, V. Llorens, J. M. Torner, S. Martinez, M. Abellan, J. R. Manuel (2000) Locating a large theme park addressed to the tourist market: the case of Benidorm, Planning Practice and Research 15(4):385 - 395.
215. Morari F., E. Lugato and M. Borin (2004) An integrated non-point source model-GIS system for selecting criteria of best management practices in the Po Valley, North Italy Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment, 102(3): 247-262.
216. Murray A.T. and T-K. Shyy (2000) Integrating attribute and space characteristics in choropleth display and spatial data mining, International Journal of Geographical Information Science 14(7): 649- 667.
217. Naoum S. and I.K. Tsanis (2004) Integrating multicriteria analysis and GIS for assessing raingage worth within an established network, Journal of the American Water Resources Association, 40(6): 1449-1468.
218. Nauta T. A., A. E. Bongco and A. C. Santos-Borja (2003) Set-up of a decision support system to support sustainable development of the Laguna de Bay, Philippines, Marine Pollution Bulletin, 47(1-6):211-218.
219. Nath, J. P., S. S. Bolte, L. G. Ross and J. Aguilar-Manjarrez (2000) Applications of geographical information systems (GIS) for spatial decision support in aquaculture, Aquacultural Engineering, 23(1-3): 233-278.
220. Nevo A. and L.Garcia (1996) Spatial optimization of wildlife habitat, Ecological Modelling 91: 271-281.
221. Norese M. F. and F. Toso (2004) Group decision and distributed technical support, International Transactions in Operational Research 11(4): 395-417.
222. Noss, R. F., C. Carroll, K. Vance-Borland and G. Wuerthner (2002) Multicriteria assessment of the irreplaceability and vulnerability of sites in the Greater Yellowstone ecosystem, Conservation Biology, 16(4): 895 -908.
223. November S. M., R.G. Cromley and E. K. Cromley (1996) Multi-objective analysis of school district regionalization alternatives in Connecticut, Professional Geographer 48(1): 1-14.
224. Nyerges T. L., R. Montejano, C. Oshiro and M. Dadswell (1997) Group-based geographic information systems for transportation improvement site selection, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies 5(6): 349-36.
225. Oh K. and Y. Jeong (2002) The usefulness of the GIS - fuzzy set approach in evaluating the urban residential environment Environment and Planning B 29(4): 589 – 606.
226. Öhman K. and T. Lämås (2003) Clustering of harvest activities in multi-objective long-term forest planning, Forest Ecology and Management 176(1-3):161-171.
227. Papazoglou I.A., G. S. Bonanos, Z.S. Nivolianitou, N. J. Duijm and B. Rasmussen (2000) Supporting decision makers in land use planning around chemical sites. Case study: expansion of an oil refinery, Journal of Hazardous Materials 71(1-3): 343-373.
229. Pereira J. M. C. and L. Duckstein (1993) A multiple criteria decision-making approach to GIS-based land suitability evaluation, International Journal of Geographical Information Systems 7(5): 407-424.
230. Perez O. M., L. G. Ross, T.C. Telfer, and L.M. del Campo Barquin (2003) Water quality requirements for marine fish cage site selection in Tenerife (Canary Islands): predictive modelling and analysis using GIS, Aquaculture 224(1-4): 51-68.
231. Perez O. M., T. C. Telfer and L. G. Ross (2003) Use of GIS-Based models for integrating and developing marine fish cages within the tourism industry in Tenerife (Canary Islands) Coastal Management 31(4): 355 – 366.
232. Pettit C. and D. Pullar (1999) An integrated planning tool based upon multiple criteria evaluation of spatial information, Computers, Environment and Urban Systems 23(5): 339-357.
233. Prévil C., M. Thériault and J. Rouffignat (2003) Analyse multicritère et SIG pour faciliter la concertation en aménagement du territoire: vers une amélioration du processus décisionnel? Cahiers de Géographie du Québec 47(130).
234. Prol-Ledesma R. M. (2000) Evaluation of the reconnaissance results in geothermal exploration using GIS, Geothermics 29(1): 83-103.
235. Pukkala T., T. Nuutinen and J. Kangas (1995) Integrating scenic and recreational amenities into numerical forest planning, Landscape and Urban Planning 32(3) 185-195.
236. Pullar D. (1999) Using an allocation model in multiple criteria evaluation, Journal of Geographic Information and Decision Analysis 3(2): 9-17.
237. Qureshi M. E. and S. R. Harrison (2001) A decision support process to compare Riparian revegetation options in Scheu Creek catchment in North Queensland, Journal of Environmental Management 62: 101–112.
238. Randhir T. O., R. O'Connor, P. R. Penner and D. W. Goodwin (2001) A watershed-based land prioritization model for water supply protection Forest Ecology and Management 143(1-3): 47-56.
239. Rashed T. and J. Weeks (2003) Assessing vulnerability to earthquake hazards through spatial multicriteria analysis of urban areas International Journal of Geographical Information Science 17(6): 547-576.
240. Ren F. (1997) A training model for GIS application in land resource allocation, Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing 52( 6): 261-265.
241. Reitsma R. F. and J. C. Carron (1997) Object-oriented simulation and evaluation of river basin operations, Journal of Geographic Information and Decision Analysis 1(1): 10-24.
242. Riedl L., H. Vacik and R. Kalasek (2000) MapModels: a new approach for spatial decision support in silvicultural decision making, Computers and Electronics in Agriculture 27(1-3): 407-412.
243. Rios-Insua D., E. Gallego, A. Mateos and S. Rios-Insua (2000) MOIRA: A decision support system for decision making on aquatic ecosystems contaminated by radioactive fallout, Annals of Operations Research 95(1):341-364.
244. Rinner C. and Malczewski J. (2002) Web-enabled spatial decision analysis using ordered weighted averaging, Journal of Geographical Systems 4(4): 385-403.
245. Rinner C. and M. Raubal (2004) Personalized Multi-Criteria Decision Strategies in Location-based Decision Support. Journal of Geographic Information Sciences 10(2): 149-156.
246. Robinson T. P., R. S. Harris, J. S. Hopkins and B. G. Williams (2002) An example of decision support for trypanosomiasis control using a geographical information system in eastern Zambia, International Journal of Geographical Information Science,16(4): 345-360.
247. Rosmuller N. and G. E. G. Beroggi (2004) Group decision making in infrastructure safety planning, Safety Science 42(4): 325-349.
248. Ross L. G., Q. M. E. A. Mendoza and M.C.M. Beveridge (1993) The application of geographical information systems to site selection for coastal aquaculture: an example based on salmonid cage culture, Aquaculture, 112(2-3): 165-178.
249. Rozakis S., P. G. Soldatos, L. Kallivroussis, and I. Nicolaou (2001) Multiple criteria analysis of bio-energy projects: Evaluation of bio-electricity production in Farsala Plain, Greece, Journal of Geographic Information and Decision Analysis 5(1): 49-64.
250. Sadek S., M. Bedran and I. Kaysi (1999) GIS platform for multicriteria evaluation of route alignments, Journal of Transportation Engineering 125: 144–151.
251. Sadek S., M. Bedran and I. Kaysi
(2000) Geotechnical and environmental considerations in highway layouts: an
integrated GIS assessment approach
International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, 2(3-4): 190-198.
252. Sakamoto A. and H. Fukui (2004) Development and application of a livable environment evaluation support system using Web GIS Journal of Geographical Systems 6(2): 175 – 195.
253. Salam M. A., L. G. Ross and C. M. M. Beveridge (2003) A comparison of development opportunities for crab and shrimp aquaculture in southwestern Bangladesh, using GIS modelling, Aquaculture, 220(1-4): 477- 494.
254. Salt C. A. and M. Culligan Dunsmore (2000) Development of a spatial decision support system for post-emergency management of radioactively contaminated land, Journal of Environmental Management 58(3):169-178.
255. Sarasua, W. A. and X. Jia (1995) Framework for integrating GIS-T with KBES: a pavement management system example, Transportation Research Record 1497: 153-163.
256. Schlaepfer R., I. Iorgulescu and C. Glenz (2002) Management of forested landscapes in mountain areas: an ecosystem-based approach, Forest Policy and Economics 4(2):89-99.
257. Schneider L. C. and R. G. Pontius, Jr. (2001) Modeling land-use change in the Ipswich watershed, Massachusetts, USA, Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment 85(1-3): 83-94.
258. Scott Mackay, D. S. and V. B. Robinson (2000) A multiple criteria decision support system for testing integrated environmental models, Fuzzy Sets and Systems 113(1): 53-67.
259. Seffino L.A., C.B. Medeiros, J. V. Rocha and B.Yi (1999) WOODSS– a spatial decision support system based on workflows, Decision Support Systems, 27(1-2): 105-123.
260. Seppelt R. (2000) Regionalised optimum control problems for agroecosystem management, Ecological Modelling 131(2-3): 121-132.
261. Seppelt R. and A. Voinov (2002) Optimization methodology for land use patterns using spatially explicit landscape models Ecological Modelling 151(2-3): 125-142.
262. Sharifi M.A. and E. Rodriguez (2002) Design and development of a planning support system for policy formulation in water resource rehabilitation: the case of Alcázar De San Juan District in Aquifer 23, La Mancha, Spain, Journal of Hydroinformatics 4: 157-175.
263. Sharifi M.A., W. Vandentoorn, A. Rico and M. Emmanuel (2002) Application of GIS and multicriteria evaluation in locating sustainable Boundary between the Tunari National Park and Cochabamba City (Bolivia), Journal of Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis, 11: 151–164.
264. Sharma, K. D. and S. Pathak (2002) Delineation of watersheds in plain areas, Annals of Arid Zone, 41 (1): 25-29.
265. Shepherd J. M., O. O. Taylor and C. Garza (2004) A dynamic GIS-multicriteria technique for siting the NASA-Clark Atlanta Urban Rain Gauge Network, Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology 21(9): 1346-1360.
266. Shree S. N., J. P. Bolte, L.G. Ross and J. Aguilar-Manjarrez (2000) Applications of geographical information systems (GIS) for spatial decision support in aquaculture, Aquacultural Engineering 23: 233–278.
267. Siddiqui M. Z., J. W. Everett, and B.E. Vieux (1996) Landfill siting using Geographic Information Systems: A demonstration, Journal of Environmental Engineering, 122(6): 515-523.
268. Siitonen P., A. Tanskanen and A. Lehtinen (2003) Selecting forest reserves with a multiobjective spatial algorithm, Environmental Science & Policy, 6(3): 301-309.
269. Sikder I. U. and A. Gangopadhyay (2002) Design and implementation of a Web-based collaborative spatial decision support system: Organizational and managerial implications, Information Resources Management Journal 15(4): 33-58.
270. Stewart T.J., R. Janssen and M. van Herwijnen (2004) A genetic algorithm approach to multiobjective land use planning, Computers & Operations Research 31(14): 2293-2313.
271. Stoms D. M., J. M. McDonald and F. W. Davis (2002) Fuzzy assessment of land suitability for scientific research reserves Environmental Management 29(4): 545 – 558.
272. Stone, N. D., B. E. Cline and J. Pease (2002) Generating farm descriptions in a watershed from incomplete data using simulated annealing, Journal of the American Water Resources Association 38 (2): 355-365.
273. Store R. and J. Jokimäki (2003) A GIS-based multi-scale approach to habitat suitability modeling, Ecological Modelling 169( 1): 1-15.
274. Store R. and J. Kangas (2001) Integrating spatial multi-criteria evaluation and expert knowledge for GIS-based habitat suitability modelling, Landscape and Urban Planning 55( 2):79-93.
275. Strapp J. D. and C. P. Keller (1996) Towards an interactive Spatial Decision Support System for agricultural land consolidation, Geographical Systems 3(1): 15 - 31.
276. Stummer C., K. Doerner, A. Focke and K. Heidenberger (2004) Determining location and size of medical departments in a hospital network: A multiobjective decision support approach, Health Care Management Science 7(1): 63-71.
278. Thirumalaivasan D., M. Karmegam and K. Venugopal (2003) AHP-DRASTIC: software for specific aquifer vulnerability assessment using DRASTIC model and GIS, Environmental Modelling & Software18( 7): 645-656.
279. Thomas M. R. (2002) A GIS-based decision support system for brownfield redevelopment, Landscape and Urban Planning, 58(1) 7-23
280. Thomas M. R. (2003) The use of ecologically based screening criteria in a community-sponsored open space preservation programme, Journal of Environmental Planning and Management 46(5): 691 - 714.
281. Tiwari D. N., R. Loof and G. N. Paudyal (1999) Environmental–economic decision-making in lowland irrigated agriculture using multi-criteria analysis techniques, Agricultural Systems 60(2): 99-112.
282. Tkach R. J. and S. P. Simonovic (1997) A new approach to multi-criteria decision making in water resources, Journal of Geographic Information and Decision Analysis 1(1): 25-44.
283. Tseng C. T., S-C. Chen, C-S. Huang and C-C. Liu (2001) GIS-assisted site selection for artificial reefs, Fisheries Science 67 (6):1015-1022.
285. Urbanski J. A. (1999) The use of fuzzy sets in the evaluation of the environment of coastal waters, International Journal of Geographical Information Science 13(7): 723 – 730.
286. Vacik H. and M. J. Lexer (2001) Application of a spatial decision support system in managing the protection forests of Vienna for sustained yield of water resources Forest Ecology and Management 143(1-3): 65-76.
288. Van der Merwe, J. H. and G. Lohrentz (2001) Demarcating coastal vegetation buffers with multicriteria evaluation and GIS at Saldanha Bay, South Africa, AMBIO: Journal of the Human Environment, 30 (2): 89-95.
289. Varma, V.K., Ferguson, I., and Wild, I. (2000) Decision support system for sustainable forest management, Forest Ecology and Management 128: 49–55.
290. Vatalis K. and O. Manoliadis (2002) A two-level multi-criteria DSS for landfill site selection using GIS: Case study in Western Macedonia, Greece, Journal of Geographic Information and Decision Analysis 6(1): 49-56.
291. Vertinsky I., S. Brown, H. Schreier, W. A. Thompson and G. C. van Kooten (1994) A hierarchical-GIS-based decision model for forest management: The systems approach, INTERFACES 24(4): 38-53.
292. Villa F., M. Ceroni and A. Mazza (1996) A GIS-based method for multi-objective evaluation of park vegetation, Landscape and Urban Planning, 35(4): 203-212.
293. Villa, F., L. Tunesi, and T. Agardy (2001) Zoning marine protected areas through spatial multiple-criteria analysis: The case of the Asinara Island National Marine Reserve of Italy. Conservation Biology 16:515–526.
294. Vlachopoulou M., G. Silleos and V. Manthou (2001) Geographic information systems in warehouse site selection decisions, International Journal of Production Economics 71(1-3): 205-212.
295. Voss A., I. Denisovich, P. Gatalsky, K. Gavouchidis, A. Klotz, S. Roeder and H. Voss (2004) Evolution of a participatory GIS, Computers, Environment and Urban Systems 28(6): 635-651
296. Wang D. H. and K. E. Medley (2004) Land use model for carbon conservation across a midwestern USA landscape, Landscape and Urban Planning 69(4): 451-465.
297. Wang X., S. Yu and G. H. Huang (2004) Land allocation based on integrated GIS-optimization modeling at a watershed level, Landscape and Urban Planning, 66(2): 61-74.
298. Ward D. P., A. T. Murray, and S. R. Phinn (2003) Integrating spatial optimization and cellular automata for evaluating urban change, The Annals of Regional Science 37(1): 131-148.
299. Ware J. M., I. D. Wilson and J. A. Ware (2003) A knowledge based genetic algorithm approach to automating cartographic generalisation, Knowledge-Based Systems, 16(5-6): 295-303.
300. Wei B. C. and Y. W. Chai (2004) A multiobjective hybrid metaheuristic approach for GIS-based spatial zoning model, Journal of Mathematical Modelling and Algorithms 3(3): 245 – 261.
301. Weigel D. and B. Cao (1999) Applying GIS and OR techniques to solve Sears technician-dispatching and home-delivery problems, INTERFACES 29(1): 112–130.
302. Wilson I. D., J. M. Ware and J. A. Ware (2003) A genetic algorithm approach to cartographic map generalisation, Computers in Industry 52(3): 291-304.
303. Wu F. (1998) SimLand: a prototype to simulate land conversion through the integrated GIS and CA with AHP-derived transition rules, International Journal of Geographical Information Science 12(1): 63 – 82.
304. Wu F. and C. J. Webster (1997) Simulation of land development through the integration of cellular automata and multicriteria evaluation, Environment and Planning B 25: 103 – 126.
306. Xiang W-N. (1993) A GIS/MMP-based coordination model and its application to distributed environmental planning Environment and Planning B 20(1): 195 – 220.
307. Xiang W-N. (1996) A GIS based method for trail alignment planning, Landscape and Urban Planning, 35 1 l-23.
308. Xiang W-N. and F. W. Salmon (2001) Button design for weighted map overlays Environment and Planning B 28(5): 655 – 670.
309. Xiao N., D. A. Bennett, M. P. Armstrong (2002) Using evolutionary algorithms to generate alternatives for multiobjective site-search problems, Environment and Planning A 34(4): 639 – 656.
310. Xu X. , H. Lin and Z. Fu (2004) Probe into the method of regional ecological risk assessment—a case study of wetland in the Yellow River Delta in China, Journal of Environmental Management 70(3): 253-262
311. Yaldir A. K. and T. Rehman (2002) A methodology for constructing multicriteria decision support systems for agricultural land consolidation using GIS and API: an illustration from Turkey, Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 36(1): 55-78.
312. Zeng T. Q. and Q. Zhou (2001) Optimal spatial decision making using GIS: a prototype of a real estate geographical information system (REGIS), International Journal of Geographical Information Science, 15 (4): 307-321.
313. Zhang B., Y. Zhang, D. Chen, R. E. White and Y. Li (2004) A quantitative evaluation system of soil productivity for intensive agriculture in China, Geoderma 123(3-4): 319-331.
314. Zhang Y. and J. R. Wright (2004) Global optimization of combined region aggregation and leveling model, Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering 18(2): 154-161.
315. Zhou J. and D. L. Civco (1996) Using genetic learning neural networks for spatial decision making in GIS, Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing, 62 (11): 1287-1295.
316. Zhu X. and A. P. Dale (2001) Java AHP: a web-based decision analysis tool for natural resource and environmental management, Environmental Modelling & Software, 16(3): 251-262.
317. Zhu X., J. McCosker, A. P. Dale and R. J. Bischof (2001) Web-based decision support for regional vegetation management, Computers, Environment and Urban Systems 25(6): 605-627.
318. Zografos K. G. and K. N. Androutsopoulos (2004) A heuristic algorithm for solving hazardous materials distribution problems, European Journal of Operational Research 152(2):507-519.
319. Zografos K. G., C. Douligeris and P. Tsoumpas (1998) An integrated framework for managing emergency-response logistics: The case of the electric utility companies, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management 45(2): 115-126.