We are engaged in the development of new and useful synthetic chemical methods and their application to the chemical synthesis of complex targets. Please have a look at our list of publications or read a research summary.
We are located in the Chemistry Department at the University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada.
- Multicomponent Synthesis of Pyrroles from Cyclopropanes: A One-Pot Palladium(0)-Catalyzed Dehydrocarbonylation/Dehydration
Humenny, William J.; Kyriacou, Polydoros; Sapeta, Katarina; Karadeolian, Avedis; Kerr, Michael A.
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2012, 51, 11088-11091. DOI: 10.1002/anie.201206177
- Tandem Ring-Opening Decarboxylation of Cyclopropane Hemimalonates with Sodium Azide: A Short Route to gamma-Aminobutyric Acid Esters
Emmett, Michael R.; Grover, Huck K.; Kerr, Michael A.
J. Org. Chem. 2012, 77, 6634-6637. DOI: 10.1021/jo3010606
- Nucleophilic Ring Opening of Cyclopropane Hemimalonates Using Internal Bronsted Acid Activation
Emmett, Michael R; Kerr, Michael A.
Org. Lett 2011, 13, 4180-4183. DOI: 10.1021/ol201486x
- Synthesis of Highly Substituted Indoles via Diels-Alder/Plieninger Indolization Sequence: Applications in Total Synthesis
Sapeta, Katarina; Lebold, Terry P.; Kerr, Michael A.
Synlett 2011, 11, 1495-1514. DOI: 10.1055/s-0030-1260579
73. Grover, Huck K.; Lebold, Terry P.; Kerr, Michael A. Tandem Cyclopropane Ring-Opening/Conia-ene Reactions of 2-Alkynyl Indoles: A [3 + 3] Annulative Route to Tetrahydrocarbazoles. Org. Lett. 2011, 13, 220-223 DOI: 10.1021/ol102627e
72. Johansen, Michael B.; Kerr, Michael A. Direct Functionalization of Indoles: Copper-Catalyzed Malonyl Carbenoid Insertions. Org. Lett. 2010, 12, 4956-4959. DOI: 10.1021/ol1020948
See complete list of publications