- Telecommuting Articles and Reports - This section includes articles and reports that cover a range of topics related to the telecommuting and telework field. Another place to look for similar information is the Online Resources section. Also, you will find an additional listing of articles, reports, and other resources about real estate, virtual office, and mobile-work topics in the Real Estate/Virtual Office section.
- Telecommuting and Telework Resource Page
- The Economics of Teleworking
- Telework for Change, Turku, Finland
- Telework - The Future of Work
- Telework Home Page
- Table of Contents: Telework Conference
- Teleworking in Ireland
- Telecommuting, Teleworking, And Alternative Officing
- Telework Access to Work Opportunities
- Infobahn and Teleworking
- Teleworking and the Labour Movement
- Telework by Ana Luísa Neves - Compact statement of pros and cons with lots of website references.
- Why Telecommuting for Work and Learning
- European Telework Online Home Page
- Resources Database at European Telework Online
- Advanced Communications For Cohesion And Regional Development - Can advanced communications, long acknowledged as a central tool of European integration, also play a role in increasing cohesion? Or might advanced communications lead to greater economic inter-connectedness - but not necessarily to the balanced development of peripheral regions or, thus, to cohesion?
The answer is not obvious. Examples of both effects have been found during our research, even within single applications . Advanced communications have eased the logistics of the take-over of dairy processors in the Azores by distributors from the mainland, on the one hand improving access to mainland markets, but on the other weakening the bargaining position of local farmers. They have brought teleservice jobs to Scotland and Ireland, although with few linkages to the local economy. While no one can claim certainty as to the long-term effects, we distinguish some key trends in this paper.
- Knowledge Workers, Teleworkers and Plumbers: Labour in the Global Information Economy - In this paper I examine the role of labour in the new information economy. Consideration of labour issues has been largely absent (or simplistic) in much of the literature which surrounds this 'new economy'. However, though the relations between labour and capital remain similar in the global information economy, which is to say the information economy is still a form of capitalism patterned by property rights (as indicated by the centrality of intellectual property rights), I argue their spatial relations and methods of control are shifting. In the global information economy though the skilled/un-skilled distinction may still be important a further distinction, between proximity and migratory tasks will impact on the ability of workers to secure well paid employment. Furthermore, information and communication technologies have covertly shifted the balance of control in the workforce, enhancing the power of capital. Therefore, though the global system is still patterned by capitalism, in the global information economy the division of labour is shifting with profound implications for labour as yet not fully appreciated.
- Teleworking in a Borderless Economy: Managing the Virtual Enterprise - This paper will examine Malaysia's attempts to implement teleworking and E-Commerce through various mega projects, not least of which is the Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC). 3 The MSC concept will be discussed and an assessment of the project will be made in relation to E-Commerce, including the potential of telework and teletrade. The second section of the paper will discuss the attempts of the Malaysian Government to facilitate as well as to regulate the dynamic and ever-changing IT industry as seen in the formulation of several cyber laws, three of which were recently passed in Parliament. The final section attempts to assess Malaysia's prospects in capturing a share of IT-led international commerce.
- Information and data on telecommuting
- The Environmental and Social Impacts of Telecommuting and Teleactivities - A Senior Thesis
- Man's Place in the Home: Telecommuting, Identity and Urban Space
- Beyond Telecommuting: A New Paradigm For The Effect Of Telecommunications On Travel
- Telecommuting Program
- Interagency Telecommuting Program
- This paper discusses the processes and effects of telecommuting, and its impact and relation to, broader structural implications
- ITAC: International Telework Association & Council
- Gil Gordon Associates /Telecommuting, Telework and Alternative Officing
- Teleworking Justice - a Concept Paper
- Welcome to Telework Unlimited
Go to Space-Economy Page
Go to Web Links Page
Go to UWO Geography Home Page