Composers and Their Settings of Metastasio Texts
ARRANGED BY COMPOSER
How to browse this index:
Clicking on the abbreviated title of any entry will bring into the
box at the bottom of the screen a citation for Metastasio's original
work from the Metastasio Workslist. This entry contains:
- Entries are arranged alphabetically by composer; therefore:
- Select the appropriate letter for the composer from the
alphabet in the left hand column
- To return to the Composers' Works home page, "click" on "Composers Page" in the
left hand column
- To return to the Metastasio home page, "click" on "Home Page"
in the left hand column.
The volume and page numbers given refer to:
- The title of the work followed by its abbreviation (in parenthesis)
- The genre that the work represents and the abbreviation for
the genre [in square brackets]
- A full list of the dramatis personae
- The text of the first line of the work
- The composer, place and date of the first performance (or date of
completion) if known
- (In many instance), a note about the occasion of the first performance
Metastasio, Pietro. Tutte le opere di Pietro Metastasio.
Edited by Bruno Brunelli. 5 vols. Verona: Mondadori, 1951-65, vols. 1-2
NOTE: Work still in progress.