Department of Philosophy
The University of Western Ontario
Dissertation: Husserl’s Transcendental Idealism and the Problem of Solipsism [download]
Thesis Committee: Dr. Helen Fielding, Dr. Antonio Calcagno, Dr. Corey W. Dyck
Areas of Specialization
- 19th and early 20th Century European Philosophy, Phenomenology (esp. Edmund Husserl)
Areas of Competence
- Existentialism, Political Philosophy, Philosophy of Logic
- Husserl's Early Critics and their Contemporary Counterparts: a Response to Celms and Stumpf (2012) – The Nordic Society for Phenomenology, University of Oslo.
- Husserl's Monadology and its "Metaphysical conclusions" (2012) - The North American Society for Early Phenomenology, Toronto.
- The Promise and Problem of Intersubjectivity in Husserl's Formal and Transcendental Logic (2011) - The Society for Existential and Phenomenological Theory and Culture, The University of New Brunswick.
- Empathy Theories from Lotze to Husserl (2011) [ abstract ] – The Early Phenomenology: Munich and Göttingen, Franciscan University of Steubenville.
- Berkeley’s Nonsensical Ideas or What I can Remember About Them (2010) – UWO-Trinity Workshop in Honour of the 300th Anniversary of the 'Principles Concerning Human Knowledge', The University of Western Ontario.
- The History Between Koyré and Husserl (2010) [ abstract ] – Symposium in Honour of the 100th Anniversary of the Göttingen Circle, Concordia University.
- Husserl and the Logic of Contents [Inhaltslogik] (2009) [ abstract ] - presented at the Logic, Mathematics and Physics Graduate Philosophy Conference, The University of Western Ontario.
- I more than the Other: The Ethics of a Ridiculous Man named Dostoevsky (2009) [ abstract ] - presented to the Philosophy Graduate Students Association at the University of Western Ontario.
- Mnemosyne (draft) - Friedrich Hölderlin
- Der phänomenologische Idealismus Husserls [Husserl's Phenomenological Idealism] (1928) - Theodor Celms (in progress)
- Eine Neue Monadologie [A New Monadology] (1917) - Dietrich Mahnke (in progress)
- De l'aperception immédiate [Of Immediate Apperception] (1807) - Maine de Biran (in que)
Last revised: 04/15/2013