Traveling By Automobile
From the 401:
- Take the Wellington St. exit north (#186).
- When Wellington St. ends (at Pall Mall St.), turn left and go 1 block.
- When Pall Mall St. ends, turn right onto Richmond St.
- Continue north approximately 2 km to the east entrance to UWO.
- The entrance is marked by the UWO gates and you’ll see the gates on your left very soon after Richmond St. bends left. (Note, this is the only east entrance to UWO. If you drive by it, turn left at the first stop light (Windermere Rd.), then left again at the second stoplight (Western Rd.) and enter campus from the west entrance.)
From the 402:
- Take the Highway 81 exit north (#65).
- Turn right at the first stoplight onto Highway 22 east. Highway 22 becomes Fanshawe Park Rd.
- Take Fanshawe Park Rd. all the way into London, turning right onto Richmond St just after going down a large hill.
- After about 1 km, Richmond St. curves left.
- At that point, continue going (essentially) straight by exiting off of Richmond St. onto Western Rd.
- Continue about 500 m to the west entrance to UWO.
- London Hall is another 1 km along Western Rd.
Traveling By Rail
The VIA Rail station on York St. has a number of trains each day from Toronto (and points east) and from Windsor (and points west). Richmond St. borders the VIA Rail station parking lot on the west (go left when you exit the station). Travel to campus can be completed by cab or by walking to Richmond St. and taking the #6 bus.
Traveling By Air
The London airport (YXU) is served by Air Canada (direct from Toronto, Ottawa and Winnipeg), Northwest (direct from Detroit) and WestJet (direct from Calgary and Winnipeg). The cab ride from the airport to UWO should cost $20-$25.
Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre
WINDERMERE MANOR is a larger hotel (125 suites) located about 2 km south of the east entrance to UWO on Pall Mall St., just a few steps off Richmond St.
- It is an “all-suite” hotel with each suite having either two double beds or one king bed in the bedroom area. The living room area has a pull-out couch and the two areas are divided by French doors.
- The hotel is located in the Richmond Row area which is the main downtown shopping and restaurant area for London.
- Access to UWO is easy and direct via the Richmond St. bus (#6).
- The walk is also pleasant for those who like walking.
- For those who have a car, visitor parking is available on campus, although you will have to pay on Thursday and Friday. (On Saturday, parking is free in the Springett lot on the west side of Western Rd.)
- Although there are a large number of rooms in the Station Park, people wishing to stay there should reserve early because it is a popular hotel in the summer.
- All Suites: Approx. \$125
- Reservations can be made directly from the Station Park website or you can call 1-800-561-4574. Calling might be best to make sure you receive the conference rate (i.e., mention the conference during your call).
Station Park Inn
THE STATION PARK INN is a small “boutique” hotel (48 rooms and suites) just at the edge of campus in the UWO Research Park.
- It is about a 10 minute walk from Windermere Manor to Somerville House.
- Unfortunately, there will be competition for the rooms from people attending other events that weekend (e.g., weddings). Thus, if you wish to stay here, make your reservation early.
- If you aren’t successful in your first attempt, don’t hesitate to check back later. Other parties will be releasing rooms that they have block reservations for as time passes.
- For further information, consult the Windermere Manor website.
- Standard Room: Approx. \$106
- Suites: Approx. \$126
- Reservations can be made by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-800-997-4477.
The Delta Armouries
THE DELTA ARMOURIES is a larger hotel (246 rooms) in downtown London located on Dundas St. about 3 km south of the east entrance to UWO.
- It is a “full service” hotel which means that it has amenities like an indoor swimming pool and a large fitness facility.
- The hotel is a short walk from the Richmond Row area.
- Access to UWO is easy and direct. Just cross Dundas St. and take the #2 bus which goes right into the centre of campus.
- Standard rooms are approx. \$109, Premier rooms are approx. \$119, Deluxe rooms are approx. \$129 and Signature rooms are approx. \$159.