Always Something Happening in the Group
- Andre and Mahdi's paper "Facile nucleation of gold nanoparticles on graphene-based thin films from Au144 molecular precursors" with Ahmed, M; Reg Bauld,and Giovanni Fanchini as collaborators was published in Nanotechnology 25 135601 doi:10.1088/0957-4484/25/13/135601
- Mahdi's collaboration with M. Fard and J. Corrigan is accepted to Chem.-Eur. J. 2014 DOI: 10.1002/chem.201400185
- Mahdi's paper entitled "Facile Synthesis of Au23(SC(CH3)3)16 is accepted to J. Mater. Chem. C. 2014
- Pierga, Zach, Aurelia's paper "Versatile Strained-Alkyne Modified Water-Soluble AuNPs for Interfacial Strain-Promoted Azide-Alkyne Cycloaddition (I-SPAAC)" is publsihed in J. Mater. Chem. B. 2014, DOI: 10.1039/C3TB21799J
The end of last term was crazy, so no December updates. Sorry
Happy New Year! We are off to a good start this year, so watch this spot for updates.
- Mahdi has been accepted to give a paper at the 2014 Gordon conference in Electrochemistry in California!
- Mariachaira was awarded a grant from Nanofabrication Facility at Western for one of her thesis projects!
- Congratulations Pierangle (Officially) on being names a 2013 Vanier Scholar!
- Welcome to the new thesis project students Ziyan Zhu, Jennifer Keir (with Kerr) and Joseph Turnball (with Ding and Corrigan).
- A collaborative paper between Pierga and Mark Milne in the Hudson group was published J. Mater. Chem. B. DOI: 10.1039/C3TB20699H
- Periga's paper with Eleanor was published in Inorganic Chemistry: DOI: 10.1021/ic401598e
- Welcome to our newest PhD candiate, Mariachaira Zuin from the University of Padua. The espresso machine will now be getting more activity.
- Mahdi is awarded the Dr. Joseph Soltys Graduate Award in Chemistry. Congratulations, Mahdi! This award was established by Mrs. Judith Soltys and others, in memory of Dr. Joseph Soltys (BSc '63, PhD '69), through Foundation Western
- Praveen (working with Mahdi) and Filipe and Aurelia (working with Pierga) finish their summer research projects. Watch for their names on upcoming publications.
- Dr. Sung Ju Cho arrives to work with Paul Ragogna's group and ours.
- Mia and Pierga's paper was published in J. Mater. Chem. B.!DOI:10.1039/C3TB20913J
- Former PhD student, Hossein Ismaili starts at Naeja Pharmaceuticals as a research scientist. Congratulations.
- Former undergraduate researchers Zach and John graduate with their BSc Honors. Best of luck in your future gentlemen!
- Congratulations Mia on receiving The National Canadian Research Training Program in Hepatitis C award!
- Welcome to our new group member, shown below. No not Pierga...the one on the left.
- Congrats to Mahdi and Ryan for their paper that got the cover of May 28 issue of Langmuir!
- Congrats Farshid, Renjie and Pierga! Pashaee, Farshid; Hou, Renjie; Gobbo, Pierangelo; Workentin, Mark; Lagugné-Labarthet, François Tip-enhanced Raman Spectroscopy of Self-Assembled Thiolated Monolayers on Flat Gold Nanoplates Using Gaussian-Transverse and Radially Polarized Excitations" accepted to J. Phys. Chem. C. ID: jp-2013-03157v.R1 (Cover!)
- C. B. Khadka, B. Khalili Najafabadi, M. Hesari, M. S. Workentin, J. F. Corrigan, Inorg. Chem., 2013, accepted. Copper-chalcogenide Clusters Stabilized with Ferrocene Based Diphosphine Ligands
- Welcome Aurelia, Filipe, Andrei and Praveen! Summer researchers who are working to extending the frontiers of science....well our little piece anyways.
- Our new SPR photolysis LED apparatus. Thanks to the electronic shop.
- Pierangelo Gobbo is a Vanier Canada Graduate Scholar! Congratulations Pierga! Watch this space for further NEWS and pictures celebrating this exciting news.
- Congrats to Kristen, Michel, Hossein and Mahdi..."Interfacial Ketene via the Photo Wolff Rearrangement for the Modification of Monolayer Protected Gold Nanoparticles" was accepted for publication in Journal of Physical Organic Chemistry.
- Photolysis and Thermolysis of Pyridyl Acyl Azides as Monlayers on Single Crystal Platinum was accepted to Photochemistry and Photobiology. Congratulations Dana, David and Jason.
- Zach and John defend their BSc. thesis on Saturday, April 6. The photo is Zach celebrating with Piega.
- Pierangelo and Samantha's paper entitled "Interfacial strain-promited alkyne-azide cycloaddition (I-SPAAC) for the synthesis of nanomaterial hybrids" is published in Chem. Commun. 2013, 49 (38), 3982 - 3984 DOI: 10.1039/c3cc41634h
- Andrei Venter is awarded a AMBI Summer Scholarship and will work in our lab in collaboration with DR. Giovanni Fanchini.
- Dr. Mia Biondi joins the group part-time for development of new AuNP assays for viruses
- Mahdi's paper a collaboration with Ryan Guterman and Paul Ragogna entitled "Anion Exchange Reactions on a Robust Phosphonium Photopolymer for the Controlled Deposition of Ionic Gold Nanoclusters" was accepted in Langmuir- WATCH for the May 28 cover!
- Pierangelo's paper entitled "Facile Synthesis of Gold Nanoparticle (AuNP)-Decorated Carbon Nanotube (CNT) Hybrids through an Interfacial Michael Addition Reaction" was published in Chem. Commun., 2013, 49, 2831.
- Filipe DeSouza is awarded a NSERC-USRA and will join the group this summer.
- Aurelia Niaux, a recent graduate from Universite de Paris, France will join the group this summer as a Visiting Scholar.
- Happy New Year! The year is shaping up to be a banner year in the group- three papers already submitted and it is only January 9.
- Mahdi's paper- a collaboration with Arash Akbari-Sharbaf and his supervisor Giovanni Fanchini has appeared in the Journal of Chemical Physicsn 2013, 138, 024305.
- Former graduate student Hossein Ismaili is now engaged to former RISE student Kiana Lahring. Congratulations you two! Another benefit of student exchanges.
- Dr. Sung Ju Cho has signed on for a post-doctoral fellowship in a joint venture between our group and the Ragogna group.
Mahdi's paper- a collaboration with Reg Bauld and Giovanni Fanchini in physics is accepted to Applied Physics Letters.
Pierga, Sara and Mahdi's paper is accepted in J. Mater. Chem.! (see publications for details)
Pierga and Mark's MRI contract AuNP is injected into a mouse....and it lived!
- Dr. Hossein Ismaili received the 2012 Paul De Mayo Award for best PhD thesis! He is now a Vision 2020 PDF at University of Ottawa.