Always Something Happening in the Group
Follow us on twitter @WorkentinUWO
- Dr. Mahdi Hesari, a recent graduate from our group, was awarded the 2014 Paul De Mayo Award for Excellence in Chemical Research for his outstanding work in the field of Electrochemistry and Nanoscience of Materials. The Paul de Mayo Award is the most prestigious graduate student recognition our Department has to offer. The award consists of a medal, a plaque, a monetary prize, and an award lecture. Congratulations Mahdi!
- Praveen's, Wilson's and Pierga's paper on clickable Rhodamine derivatives was accepted in SYNLETT!
Ok, the end of the term was nuts; there was still stuff happening just no time to update. So a fresh start in 2015!
- Mahdi's paper appears on line: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/chem.201404870/abstract
- The new Chem 4491E Research Students joing the group. Welcome Praveen, Tommaso, Robert and Kathleen!
- Pierga was awarded the Thermo Fischer Scientific Award and the XRCC Award for his two oral presentations in the Materials Division at the 2014 CSC Conference in Vancouver. Congratulations Pierga!
- Pierga's paper, a collaboration with Rachel in the Hudson group was accepted in RSC Advances: "Peptide-decorated gold nanoparticles via strain-promoted azide-alkyne cycloaddition and post assembly deprotection"
- Sung Ju completes his term as a pdf. Good luck for your next opportunity.
- Mahdi's paper entitled "Near-infrared electrochemiluminescence from Au25(SC2H4Ph)18+ clusters co-reacted with tri-n-propylamine" is published in RSC Advances.
- Leila and Jennifer graduate with their BSc on June 12! Congratulations. Good luck on your next adventures.
- Wilson graduates with his B.Sc. from University of Windsor on June 11! Congratulations!
- Tommaso Romagnoli joins the group as a summer research scholar!
- Sara and Pierangelo present the results of their work at the 2014 Canadian Society for Chemistry conference in Vancouver, B.C.
- Mahdi's paper entitled "NIR Electrochemiluminescence from Au25− Nanoclusters Facilitated by Highly Oxidizing and Reducing Co-reactant Radicals" was accepted for publication in Chemical Science.
- Wilson Luo joins the group! Welcome Wilson. We look forward to your publications and news being posted here in the near future.
- Mahdi's paper entitled "Electrogenerated chemiluminescence of monodispersed Au144(SC2H4Ph)60 clusters" is accepted for publication in a special issue of Organometallics.
- Max Weissman and Praveen Grunawardene join the group as undergraduate research scholars. (No Praveen is not sleeping, he is thinking about the next column)
- Paper entitled "Tessellated gold nanostructures from Au144(SCH2CH2Ph)60 molecular precursors and their use in organic solar cell enhancement" with Reg Bauld and Mahdi Hesari, in a collaboration with Giovanni Fanchini is accepted into the RSC journal Nanoscale!
- Former group member Hamid Alizadeh his wife Sara and daughter, now Professor at Razi University, welcomes a new member to the family! Congrats on teh birth of your daughter!
- Check out our contribution to a Grand Challenges project led by former PDF, Mia Biondi:
- Saturday was Chem 4491E Day- the students present and defend their theses. Leila and Jennifer did great!
- Saturday is Chem 4491E Day- the students present and defend their theses. Good luck Leila, Joeseph and Jennifer!
- Leila, Jennifer and Joseph attended the SOUSCC 42 in Windsor! http://souscc.cs.uwindsor.ca/ the day after they must submit their thesis. Joeseph wins forst prize in teh Analytical Division!
- Happy St. Patrick's day from an italian and a scot!
- Andre and Mahdi's paper "Facile nucleation of gold nanoparticles on graphene-based thin films from Au144 molecular precursors" with Ahmed, M; Reg Bauld,and Giovanni Fanchini as collaborators was published in Nanotechnology 25 135601 doi:10.1088/0957-4484/25/13/135601
- Mahdi's collaboration with M. Fard and J. Corrigan is accepted to Chem.-Eur. J. 2014 DOI: 10.1002/chem.201400185
- Mahdi's paper entitled "Facile Synthesis of Au23(SC(CH3)3)16 is accepted to J. Mater. Chem. C. 2014
- Pierga, Zach, Aurelia's paper "Versatile Strained-Alkyne Modified Water-Soluble AuNPs for Interfacial Strain-Promoted Azide-Alkyne Cycloaddition (I-SPAAC)" is publsihed in J. Mater. Chem. B. 2014, DOI: 10.1039/C3TB21799J
The end of last term was crazy, so no December updates. Sorry
Happy New Year! We are off to a good start this year, so watch this spot for updates.
Check out the earlier happenings on our NEWS page.